Tune: Laus Deo (Redhead 46), Richard Redhead (1820-1901)
1. Gladly we address our burdens
Through the mystery of prayer,
Lovingly support each other
In the privilege of care.
2. Prayer expands to fill our being
As we touch infinity,
Serve as channels to our neighbour,
Bearers of divinity.
3. In the calm of meditation,
Inspiration and resource,
Still we long for peace and justice.
Let the kingdom run its course!
4. Spirit, draw us ever onward
By refinement’s purity,
From our childish wish fulfilment
To a new maturity.
5. As we view a world in torment
May we find the nerve to dare,
Not content to be spectators,
Live the answer to our prayer.
© David Stevenson 2011