Associate Pastor for Youth
The Associate Pastor for Youth will be responsible for a wide range of activities and initiatives. These include providing meaningful relationships and opportunities for teens and their families to deepen their spirituality in a revolutionary, inclusive and collaborative manner in alignment with the vision and mission of Spacious Christianity practiced at First Presbyterian Church of Bend. This position oversees all youth pastoral care, programming design, content and implementation. The focus of this position will be building relationships. There will also be a focus of collaborating in creating a safe community space for teens. This position would join a creative and collegial staff team working together creating intergenerational opportunities for worship, learning, service and justice-seeking.
Reports to Lead Pastor
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain relationships with middle and high-school youth and their families.
• Create and support intergenerational opportunities for youth.
• Develop and sustain a safe and welcoming community space for all youth.
• Collaborate with other youth ministries and organizations advocating well-being and wholeness of youth.
• Partner with staff and ministry leaders for cohesive church planning and community representation.
• Promote the mental health and well-being of youth.
• Notice, affirm, and cultivate the gifts of the Spirit in youth.
• Curate and cultivate the worship, faith and spiritual life for youth and their families.
• Recruit, care for and train volunteers working with youth.
• Be present in the Bend community and represent First Presbyterian Bend as a resource for all students.
• Identify ways to connect youth to the wider Bend community and world, including opportunities to participate in service, peacemaking and social justice activities.
• Develop and steward the Youth Ministries budget.
• Partner with other staff in planning and integration.
• Spiritual maturity, depth and openness.
• Love for youth and the gifts they bring.
• Willingness to try new things and learn from failure.
• Sense of humor.
• An inclusive theology and a passion for all God’s children to flourish.
• Desire to pursue and walk with others in the peace-making way of Jesus.
• Empathetic listening
• Strong spoken and written nonviolent communication skills
• Creative Conflict Resolution
• Technologically savvy
• Strong organizational skills
• Creative vision and strategic management
• Bridge builder
Education and Experience
• Master’s degree and experience in youth ministry preferred
• Full Time. Compensation depends on education and experience
Contact: Rev. Dr. Steven Koski at email@example.com or Rev. Kally Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org