Many people these days have little time to participate in any kind of regular “in-person” spirituality group, and yet they know that studying and practicing with others can contribute significantly to their spiritual growth. Now you can use the e-courses and online retreats already created for Spirituality & Practice as a program for your own group. Your group will receive the emailed lessons, links to any video and audio content in the e-course, and your own private “Practice Circle” (an online forum at SpiritualityandPractice.com) for your discussions.
Connect virtually or combine virtual lessons with additional in-person meetings. This option is ideal for an existing spirituality circle or congregational small group as well as new groups consisting of, say, students of a teacher, those working with a spiritual director, or a parents or elders group. It’s a new way to form connections as you share your spiritual journeys together.
. . . all without having to leave home. Even just a few minutes a day with the email readings, practices, and online community can have a profound effect on your spiritual life.
“Taking the Practicing Spirituality with Children E-Course with fellow parents at my church reminded me to pause and live in the moment with my kids as much as possible. I left the e-course experience with good examples and messages for extending spirituality into our home and also with deeper friendships at our church.”
Practicing Spirituality with Master Teachers — 25 different courses focus on the writings and practices of such spiritual teachers as Joan Chittister, Pema Chodron, Henri J. M. Nouwen, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Thich Nhat Hanh, Thomas Merton, Thomas Moore, John O’Donohue, Ram Dass, Joyce Rupp, Rumi, and Brother David Steindl-Rast. Study short passages and also see reviews of books to read as a group.
How the E-Courses Work:
The E-Courses are delivered via email. Each session consists of:
• a short reading for reflection or an essay by the teacher
• practices to bring the e-course’s subject into your life
• links to any additional course elements, such as audio clips, videos, or paintings
• link to the Practice Circle, a forum open 24/7, where members of your group can discuss the session.
Designed to fit your schedule and budget, the e-courses range in price from $21 – $65 per person and can be done daily; every Monday and Thursday; every Monday, Wednesday and Friday; or weekly.
Why a Private Group?
• Involve people who have never participated in your groups due to time and/or travel constraints
• Help group members get to know one another better through the online discussions so they are able to relate more when they see each other again in person
• Connect as a leader with members in a new way, discover ideas for future activities and sermons, and identify needs for other educational and spiritual formation programs
What S&P Provides:
• The technology to deliver the emails to your group and a private online forum at Spirituality & Practice where you can interact
• A secure e-commerce system to take registrations
• The ability to personalize the daily emails with a branded banner from your organization and a box where your group leader can put personalized notes about the teaching for the day, relating it back to your community’s interests and needs
• A Guide to the E-Course Practice Circle with “Frequently Asked Questions” for your participants
What You Need to Get Started
• A minimum of 15 people to take the e-course and three weeks’ notice for adequate course registration time
• Someone available to be the Group Coordinator to promote the e-course to your group and also handle non-technical queries for the duration of the e-course
• Someone who can prepare personalized notes for the e-course emails (if desired) and get them to S&P in a timely fashion.
Contact Mary Ann at brussat@SpiritualityandPractice.com for more information and to get started today. Visit website here.